If you are looking for a way to deal with your chronic nose bleeds, here are some suggestions of what you may want to try from the Eastern Medicine point of view.
Your diet should be balanced with complex carbohydrates such as buckwheat, wholesome proteins such as soy products, green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale, and other foods such as celery, bamboo shoots, seaweed, bananas, honey, mung beans, sunflower seeds, cassia seeds, and lotus root. Here are some specific foods to consume which can also help treat nose bleeds:
- Chinese Chives
- Raw lotus root
- Dried ginger
- Vinegar (Drink small amount of vinegar in warm water)
- Drink plenty of warm or room temperature water
- Soak the feet in a hot foot bath for 20 minutes (this helps to bring the blood down away from the head)
- Inserting a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel into the nostrils to stop the bleeding.
- Acupressure on key points on the head, around the nose, and on the arm (see images)