This exercise can be performed either lying on your back or sitting in a chair. The sound “Jang” targets the blood and blood vessels directly.
- Lie supine with a pillow under your head, or you may sit upright in a chair.
- Imagine you are floating in warm water.
- Inhale deeply and then exhale, making the “Jang” sound.
- As you exhale, feel or imagine the “Jang” sound vibrating all of your body’s tissues, from the top of the head downward, through the chest and abdomen, and then down your legs, and finally out your feet, on the balls of your feet.
- End with a focus on the bottom balls of your feet or rub the bottom balls of your feet (this is an acupoint that is good for hypertension).
If you are interested in more Qigong exercises, you may be interested in purchasing Dr. Friedmans' book, "Heal Yourself with Qigong".