Real foods are processed and used more completely by the body than processed foods. As a result, eating real foods will keep Qi flowing, and that regular flow is what makes a difference in how good we feel. Qi flow is also based on Qi quality, so if you eat real food, your Qi is a better quality.
I would say probably 50-60% of our Qi quality and flow is based on the quality of our food, so when we eat processed foods and/or fast foods it will impact our sense of wellness. It also will impact our moods and emotions. At first we will probably recognize we don't have much energy; we are tired, lethargic, and moody (sad, depressed, angry, worry, weird laughter). As more Qi becomes stagnant in different organs, we will feel more discomfort and possibly pain (joint pain, headaches, menstrual pain, back pain, etc). Then, over more time, the stagnation may create a temporary illness, almost as an alert or wake up call to please pay attention to this matter. Then, if other conditions are right, a more chronic disease can become created.
In this TED video of Dr. Terry Wahls describes her experience with Multiple Sclerosis and how she changed the course of this disease by changing her diet. It is an inspiring video of how the course of a disease can be changed by eating the right food.
- 3 cups of daily green leaves each day (kale, parsley, spinach, cooked greens, smoothies, kale chips)
- 3 cups of sulfur rich vegetables a day (cabbage family, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, radishes, kale, onions, mushrooms, asparagus)
- 3 cups of 3 different colors of fruits and vegetables each day (beets, carrots, peppers, red cabbage, peppers, berries, peaches, oranges, blueberries, blackberries)
- wild fish, salmon, herring, or grass fed meat
- have organ meats (liver, heart, tongue, gizzards) once a week
BEFORE you have any grain & dairy, eat the above first.