Dr. Suzanne B Friedman, from her book, “Heal Yourself with Qigong,” shares how you can do a Qigong sound exercise:
- Stand in the Wuji Position
- Begin with a Pulling Down Heaven
- Raise arms above head with elbows slightly bent
- Bend elbows until hands are on either side of the head, with palms facing forward and tilting slightly towards the sky
- Inhale Qi in the form of white light to the lungs and skin
- Exhale the “shhhhhh” sound while visualizing turbid Qi and grief leaving via the mouth and palms
- Repeat 6-24 times
- End with Pulling Down Heavens
To find out which sound you may need at this time, check out another blog article, "Sounds for Different Organs."
You should NOT do Qigong sound exercises if you are pregnant.