- Avoid eating any processed food, everything should be eaten as they are in nature or off the animal (example: no shaped chicken nuggets or protein bars).
- Avoid eating wheat/wheat products: this includes bread, crackers, cereal, pasta, pastries. Have rice and/or potatoes instead or any other wheat-free alternative.
- Eat until you are at 75-80% capacity, no more.
- Drink your water warm and only after meals, not during meals.
- Avoid sugar, sugary foods, and foods that say "sugar-free". Read those food labels, don't buy anything that has "sucralose, acesulfame-K, etc, etc" or any artificial sugar products. If its not real sugar, don't eat it.
One of my Acupuncturist's shared her dietary recommendations as a means of not only helping a person lose weight, but to also kick-start the metabolism, and improve the over all sense of wellness: