1. Do an Initial Cleanse of the Qigong Treatment Space
When the Qigong space was a new place for me, I energetically cleansed the area. There are different methods to cleanse an area and I have done these two options in getting my place ready for patients:
- Used an herb (such as dried sage, mugwort, or moxa stick), then lit it, and took it around the space from corner to corner and spoke a blessing to purge and rid all the dead, lifeless, or accumulated energy from the room or space. The smoking herb is symbolic of fire, which is also symbolic of cleansing or getting rid of the old and preparing for new growth.
- I then took some water, which is symbolic of what is needed for life or new growth, and dipped a few fingers in the water, removed my fingers, and then shook a few drops around the room. I then would speak, or silently bless the space with new vibrant energy. I would also bless the space with healing and protection energy, too.
The treatment space needs to be maintained with clean, vibrant, and healing energy, so each week I do a meditation to rid any negative energy from the environment, and then refill it with clean, vibrant, and healing energy. I visualize the room with bright white light. I do this at least weekly.
3. Protect the Space with and Energetic Bubble
I visualize a protective coat of energy surrounding the treatment space, then the building, then the property. This helps protect from uninvited guests from entering this healing space.
4. Prepare Myself
Before I see a patient, I prepare myself for the patient by engaging in a brief meditation so I am open to receive input into what they need. I also want to be open to receive any prompting from unseen forces, such as their own Spiritual Guides, who can provide additional insight into their needs.
I also take a moment to ground myself to the earth so I can become a conduit to direct the life force energy to my patient. In addition, I also surround myself with an energetic force field (or energy condom) so I won’t share any of my energy and drain myself of the energy I need, and I protect myself from gathering any of my patient’s energy.
5. Personalize the Healing Energy for the Next Client
I am currently starting to take a moment before my client arrives to have the energy in the room become more aligned with their energy. It is a way I am preparing a more personalized space and energy so it is more aligned with the client. I am finding this additional step seems to increase the ability to receive input about the client's needs during their treatment. This helps me to "see deeper" so I am better guided in their Qigong treatment.
How Can You Tell if These Tasks are Helping?
What I have come to realize, is that I am receiving feedback about these preparatory steps from almost all my clients as soon as they walk in the door. The majority will make a comment about the energy in the room and the space. I am also receiving more prompting from outside forces regarding what the client needs. For me, this has become my feedback process to know the preparations are working and adding more value for the client's Qigong healing treatment.