- Begin in the Wuji posture with eyes slightly open.
- Breathe using your abdominal breathing. Inhale and exhale through your nose.
- Inhale and raise arms out to the sides with palms facing downward.
- Absorb the energy from the earth into your body through the palms of your hands.
- At shoulder height, turn the palms up and absorb Qi from the heavens (universal energy) into the body as your hands continue to rise overhead.
- Exhale and begin descending the palms down the front of the body with right and left hand fingertips pointing at each other. Palms face down and direct the Qi flow down the entire front of the body and deep into the earth.
- Inhale and begin sequence again. The second time through, the energy is directed down the back of the body from the back of the head down into the earth.
- The third time through, the energy penetrates the crown point at the top of the head and passes through the entire inside of the body and deep into the earth.
- As a stand alone exercise, practice 36 sets.
- Visualize the gathering of Qi on the inhale and the lowering of Qi on the exhale.
- When sending the energy down the front and back of the body, feel each muscle relaxing as the energy passes it.
- When pulling energy through the center of the body, imagine it coating, cleansing, and soothing all internal organs.
- To end the exercise, relax the whole body and return to the Wuji posture.
- Imagine a thick healing mist within and around the body.
This exercise comes from the Qigong Master, Dr. Suzanne Friedman's “Medical Qigong Exercise Prescriptions”