- Keep a regular sleep/wake cycle
- Get regular exercise. Get your exercise either in the morning or the afternoon (night exercise can contribute to insomnia)
- Increase exposure to bright light during day
- Avoid exposure to bright light during night
- Avoid heavy meals within 3 hours of bedtime
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine
- Enhance your sleep environment with a dark, quiet, comfortable space and a fitting temperature.
- Use the bed only for sleeping and sex. Do not read, watch TV, surf the internet, eat in bed, and turn off your cell phone.
- If you are unable to fall asleep in 20 minutes, move to another room and stay up until really sleepy.
- Practice a relaxing routine 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
Sleep is an important part of a persons sense of health and wellness. Dr. Ellen Hughes at UCSF described these recommendations as a first step for sleep hygiene.
Different chakra energies provide different types of experiences. You can train yourself to cultivate and use these subtle energies for more diverse purposes.
QiCultivation.com - Information on using the tools and methods to better sense subtle, spiritual energies, as well as receive and interpret the messages, and use/direct those energies.
AnotherQ.com - Personal experiences with subtle, spiritual energy.
QigongByQuist.com - Using Qi and subtle energies to help you maintain your health and wellness.
Quesak.com - Spirituality
QibyQ - Directing subtle energies to help the earth and humanity