So during one of my Qi Cultivation & Development classes, I thought about using this group healing circle example in our class on rituals. I asked the group if they would like to participate and experiment in a group healing ritual. They agreed, which delighted me they were open to the experience.
This is the set up for the group healing ritual we used in our class:
- I had the group gather around in a circle, facing inward. Each person placed their left hand on top of the shoulder of the person to their left. Everyone in the circle was now physically connected together.
- I was in the middle of the circle, along with the person who wanted to be treated & healed.
- I had everyone close their eyes and visualize grounding & connecting with the earth. All of us then visualized connecting with the heavens and the top of our head opening to a bright white energy funnel coming into the top of our head. The energy from the heavens would meet and blend with the energy from the earth. This blending was in their chest, the 4th chakra, the heart area.
- I then asked them to take a deep breath in, feel love & friendship, and connect with the blended energy in their chest. I asked them to exhale this energy out into the middle of the circle to create a mist of healing energy.
- I asked the circle to visualize the energy mist being a certain color, such as white healing light, or green healing light, or whatever color I felt the person to be healed, needed.
- I then directed the group healing energy into the person to be healed, directing it into their body or directly into the location which they wanted healed.
- The group would continue to direct healing energy, thoughts of love & friendship, into the circle. The person desiring to be healed would direct their intention & focus on the area they wanted healed.
- When the energy felt as if it had been absorbed, I ended the healing meditation/ritual and we would each withdraw the root from the ground and the beam of light from the heavens. We would then open our eyes and drop our arms to break the circle.
- The person would then leave healing circle.
The following week, when the students returned to class, we discussed if anyone noticed a change in their health & wellness following this group healing. One woman commented how powerful the healing had been for her and how much more relief she had since being part of this group healing. Another reported that her back pain was now gone. Another reported an improvement in her overall health. Another One reported she was still having pain, but just not as intense.
The conclusion I reached from this first group healing was that since several had such a positive outcome from the experience, it is a practice that should be continued. It can serve as another healing option, especially for those who may not be getting the results they need from other treatments they have tried.